Sorry...I'm using Mike's computer and I accidently sent the first email before proofing and attaching photos. So you can delete the other email.
I have to say when I typed Day Four in the subject section it was a little depressing. Honestly it feels like we've been here 10 days. Today's note might seem kind of like a downer, but hopefully you'll pray harder! : )
Six families are traveling together from our group but today we all headed to four different provinces. Two families are traveling alone and the other four families are going to two provinces so they get a "buddy" family to travel together. Fortunately we get to travel with another couple and better than that...the wife is Chinese!! We have an instant interpretor with us! She is sweet as can be and we look forward to spending time with them. Our daughters are from the same orphanage so hopefully it will be nice for both of them. Their daughter just turned nine; about the same age as Peyton.
The province Bella is from is the second poorest province in China. It is very mountainous and we've heard it is beautiful in the countryside. We of course are in the city. I've included a few pics I took when I first looked out our hotel window. Not the most impressive view...we'll call it the "alley" view. The hotel honestly doesn't look like this from the front. And yes, the man in the photo is doing what it looks like he's doing! I can already tell you're praying harder! Seriously this was a little depressing...five nights here seems like a long time.
Our guide walked us around the area. I have never been so glad to see KFC, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut signs in my life. The weather is very mild so that's a real bonus. Sooooo many people. I was the only blonde...really sticking out. It feels pretty strange walking around but the longer we did it, the better we felt. Unfortunately Papa Johns was still under constrution so we headed to Pizza Hut. The best pizza we've ever had. I so wish I would have packed peanut butter.
As we were eating dinner Mike commented that isn't it strange that we are in such a remote area in the middle of China. Amazing that God chose her for us...no matter how far away. I'll have to tell you his China "crab" story on another day.
Sorry that today seems a little discouraging, but tomorrow is going to be so exciting. We get Bella at 3:00 P.M. on Monday (1:00 A.M. in Kansas and 2:00 A.M. in Ohio) so please say a prayer for us before going to bed Sunday night. We'll be getting her at nap time after she's traveled for quite a distance so hopefully she'll be happy to meet us! :)
Before we left Beijing our guide was preparing us for what to expect when we receive our children. A lot of children and babies will cry when they see us. She told us the Chinese call westerners "big nose" so they might be afraid of our big noses. I already have one strike because of my hair color and another strike because I have a big nose if you haven't noticed. One more and I'm out! But of course I want to be the first one to hold her. So I'm expecting rejection but we'll get through it. Can't wait to send photos tomorrow!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment