Sunday, November 25, 2012

Greetings from Chicago


Greetings from Chicago!  I don't technically know what the "Or Bust" part of the familiar saying means, but I suspect our arrival in Chicago last night might qualify and it is no fun. While we experienced the worst of a few people; we also experienced the best of several people from United Airlines, Customs & Immigration, a medical post, and a random Frenchman on the flight inside China.  Truly, we experienced a few angels assistance last night and a few we know today like Brook's sister and brother in-law and our neighbors who are watching Peyton. Brook still is not feeling the greatest and did not want to chance flying so her sister and brother in-law are driving up to get us.  The kindness we have been shown is emotionally overwhelming and the scripture passage about giving even a cup of cold water to the thirsty keeps coming to my mind as I have never felt so helpless/overwhelmed with a situation; thirsty. The smallest acts have been so uplifting and reassured us of God's provision and protection. No doubt as a result of the prayers of many. 

Bella has not experienced a car seat and does like to get her way so the trip might be interesting. I told Kellie that we may have to continually honk the horn and weave in and out of traffic as that has been her ( our) experience with riding in a car in China:)

Nevertheless, we have not busted yet and look forward to introducing all of you to Bella. Thank you for your continued prayers!

Thoughts & Prayers,
Mike, Brook, Peyton & Bella

(disclaimer: I am not authorized to update the "email" and will deny doing so if asked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment