If you're receiving this as a forward from someone and not directly from me please don't think you were purposely left out. We had a quick change of plans as to how to communicate, I'm pretty much brain dead from lack of sleep and my email contact list isn't up to date. (The technically challenged part of me.) I was also concerned about my emails not being delivered because I had too many people in my Bella Bug group. Again...lack of sleep and technically challenged! I'm sorry because I want to include everyone in our journey whether you are interested or not. : )
Day three was another sunny but cold, windy day in Beijing. In the morning we visited The Great Wall. It really is amazing and to think it was first started around 770 B.C. We made it up to the first tower and I thought, "Wow, we're done!" Yeah, I forgot it goes on for about four thousand miles! Mike made it up to the highest point in that section of the wall. I on the hand had nothing to prove.
Day three was another sunny but cold, windy day in Beijing. In the morning we visited The Great Wall. It really is amazing and to think it was first started around 770 B.C. We made it up to the first tower and I thought, "Wow, we're done!" Yeah, I forgot it goes on for about four thousand miles! Mike made it up to the highest point in that section of the wall. I on the hand had nothing to prove.
Our next stop was a Chinese version Golden Coral with a gift shop version Cracker Barrel (ten times larger though) restaurant. Of course we ate our entire meal with chopsticks...my new diet plan when we return to Cincinnati.
We are so tired that we're going to bed around 7 then awake at midnight and up for good by 3. Then counting down the hours until breakfast is served at 6:30 because we were too tired to eat dinner the night before. Cliff bars just aren't doing much for us anymore.
The Summer palace was beautiful. We were just too cold to enjoy it. Mike said he knows he'll regret not buying a $5 Rolex from one of the many street vendors. ; )
Today we fly to Guiyang and will get Bella tomorrow afternoon...in about 30 hours!!!! Hope she likes us! We've had a blessed trip. It's just difficult thinking about being away from Peyton for two more weeks. Know she's doing great though. It's the mommy that's having a harder time. : (
Blessings to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment